We take Your privacy seriously and want Your experience with Carpet One (the “Site” and the “Service” to which You subscribe upon Your agreeing to the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement) to be both satisfying and safe. This Policy sets forth the steps we take to accomplish this result, and we urge You to read it carefully.
1. What this Policy Covers. In order for us to properly and efficiently provide our products and services to You, it may be necessary from time to time for us to collect information about You or the equipment or methods You use to visit the Site, or while visiting the site. Although we need this information to better serve You, we understand Your concerns about how this information is used. Accordingly, this Policy explains how we use, and more importantly will NOT use, any personally identifiable information we collect when You visit or utilize the Site. This Policy also covers our treatment of any personally identifiable information that our business partners share with us or that we may collect on or from a business partner’s site.
2. What this Policy Does Not Cover. This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies we do not own or control or to people we do not employ or manage. This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from You. To the extent that You disclose any of Your information to any other person or entity, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information You disclose to them. It is important that You understand that we may not, and probably do not, control any website which You may visit through a “link” from the Site, and such other websites may have their own privacy policies that may differ substantially from ours. Also, any third party advertisers who advertise on the Site or through the Site may also adhere to their own privacy policies, which may also be different from ours. When visiting advertisers or any other website or business You reach by “clicking” on a link on the Site, You are subject to the privacy policies of that third party. We encourage You to ask questions before You disclose Your personal information to others. Unless otherwise notified, we will not collect personal health information from You. If in the future we do collect such personal health information, we will do so in compliance with our Personal Health Information Policy, a copy of which will be made available to You.
3. Information Collection and Usage by Us. Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide You with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience on the Site and throughout our business. We use information collected for the purpose of completing transactions, delivering products, and addressing customer service issues. Any Credit Card Transactions with this Site are handled by third-party financial institutions and their vendors which receive the credit card number and other personal information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. Online payment transactions are handled by an independent third party that receives the account number and other personal information only to verify the account number, the existence of funds, and process the transaction. The information collected and handled by them is subject to their privacy policies, which You should review.
We will not knowingly transfer Your personal information to another party except as disclosed in this Policy. In most instances, You may have the option to withhold certain requested information; however if You choose to withhold or not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide You with the services or products You request. In general, our service automatically gathers certain usage information like the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Site. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us determine how much our customers use parts of the Site, so we can improve the Site. We may also track certain information about Your behavior on the Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve You and our community. This information may include the URL that You came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL You next go to (whether this URL is on our site or not), what browser You are using, and Your IP address.
We use information in the file we maintain about You, and other information we obtain from Your current and past activities on the Site, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, or to enforce our Carpet One Terms of Service and End User License Agreement (“TOS”).
5. Disclosure of Your Personal Information. We may sell or rent certain personally identifiable information about you to third parties with which we have advertising and name-sharing agreements. However, you may opt out of these arrangements by clicking on the relevant opt-out indicators on our site. We may disclose personally identifiable information about You to other companies or people when: (i) You give us Your consent to share the information; (ii) we need to share Your information to provide the product or service You have requested; or (iii) we need to send the information to persons or companies who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to You; (iv) if we are required to do so by applicable law as described more fully below, or (v) when we determine You have violated the TOS. It is our policy to cooperate with all law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We may disclose (and You authorize us to disclose) any information about You to law enforcement in response to subpoenas or court orders, or other government officials or agencies as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is a violation or potential violation of law or may expose us or You to legal liability.
Due to the possibility of requirements from existing or future regulatory authorities or due to the current or future state of technology, we cannot ensure that all of Your private communications and other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For purposes of illustration only, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse Your information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to attempt to achieve the stated goals of our privacy policies, as a matter of practicality we cannot and we do not promise, and You should not expect, that Your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
6. Service Providers.
A) External Providers. We may, for Your convenience, provide some of Your personally identifiable information to an external service provider. However, before we disclose Your personally identifiable information to an external service provider, You will see what data is about to be sent and have the ability to approve the disclosure. To prevent our disclosure of Your personally identifiable information to an external service provider, You can decline such disclosures or simply not use their services.
7. Other Entities. We may share much of our data, including personally identifiable information about You, with our subsidiaries, business partners, and our credit card/debit card processor. To the extent that these entities have access to Your information, they will treat it at least as protectively as they treat information they obtain from their other users.
8. Advertisers. If we collect from the data we receive personally identifiable information, such information will be disclosed to advertisers and other third parties for other marketing and promotional purposes only in a manner which does not personally identify that information (such as disclosing information in the aggregate, by reference to averages or trends, or by reference to a “user” without providing the personally identifying information for that user). We will not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify You personally (for example, Your name, email address, password, credit card number, and bank account number).
9. Identification of User in Site. You will be identified throughout the Site by Your Logon (“User ID”). We suggest for security reasons that You do not use Your e-mail address as Your User ID. Your User ID can be used to identify You and Your activities throughout the Site, and other users may be able to identify You based on User ID items that You have purchased, sold, bid on in the past, requested a bid in the past, any ratings or comments You may provide, any postings You may place on the Site, etc.
11. Security. Even though we utilize various security techniques to protect data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Please note that e-mail and internet traffic are not secure. To help safeguard Your information, we suggest the following: (i) You do not share Your USER ID or password with anyone; (ii) change Your password regularly; and (iii) remember to sign off once You have submitted an application for a product or service online, or completed an online session.
12. Spam. We do not condone “spam” or unsolicited junk e-mail. We are not responsible for this unfortunate activity, and cannot stop it from occurring when it originates from outside the Site. We will take reasonable action against any person who uses our email products as the launching pad for spam.
13. Editing Account Information. We will provide You with the ability to access and edit the information that You have provided to us. To update the information or to deactivate Your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event You deactivate Your account, such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law. We may retain in our files information You have requested to remove from internet access, and may use such information in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our TOS. Further, such prior information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints, including stored “back up” systems. Therefore, You should not expect that all of Your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to Your requests.
15. Use of Site. Use of the Site constitutes acceptance of this Policy as it is now written and as it may be modified from time to time and appears on the Site. You specifically agree to check back on the Site from time to time to ensure that You are familiar with this Policy as it may exist from time to time, but also agree that You are bound by such Policy as the same may exist on these pages, whether or not You have actually viewed them in their then existing form.